Flashback Theater Co. (FbTC) seeks a part-time staff member to join the Professional Ensemble. The role of Community Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator will have a flexible schedule of 20 hours per week, and will report to the Producing Artistic Director.
Duties will be as follows:
- Earn revenue through ad sales and sponsorship asks.
- Establish new relationships with businesses that are prospective sponsors or advertisers.
- Set and attend meetings for Season and Title Sponsors with the Producing Artistic Director.
- Maintain existing relationships with current sponsors and advertisers, including following up on outstanding asks, and fulfilling sponsor benefit expectations.
- Maintain complete and accurate sponsorship records in database system.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Coordinator to fulfill sponsor benefit expectations as they pertain to tickets and logo placement.
- Oversee volunteer recruitment to build a roster of volunteers who can poster, usher, and build.
- Collaborate with the Resident Stage Manager to set volunteer schedules for ushering and build days.
- Work events as assigned, which may include outreach events, box office shifts, receptions, or special event programming.
- Be a positive representative and advocate for Flashback Theater within the community.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Phone calls, emails, and face-to-face meetings are a significant part of this position.
- Excellent time management. This is a task-oriented job that requires setting and meeting deadlines and keeping appointments.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members. The staff works together to accomplish the overall goals and vision of Flashback Theater, and everyone must be a positive influence on that success.
- Experience in theater production is strongly encouraged. This position requires advocating in the community for our programming and an understanding of the production process is helpful when articulating our needs to sponsors, volunteers, and advertisers. *Professional Ensemble members are encouraged to participate in 1-2 productions each season.
To apply, please submit a resume and statement of interest to: [email protected] by Friday, June 2, 2023. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. We seek to fill this position by the end of June.